[Live-devel] VLC vs. mplayer

Chris Wein cwein at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:29:22 PDT 2007

Out of the box VLC has a 1 second delay.  I have seen it work at about 200ms end to end over a LAN which is not too bad.  Checking settings->preferences->demuxers->rtp and check advanced options.  Reduce the caching value as low as you can without observing underflow.Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:07:34 -0700To: live-devel at ns.live555.comFrom: finlayson at live555.comSubject: Re: [Live-devel] VLC vs. mplayer

Re: [Live-devel] VLC vs.
mplayer
Can you
offer me any guidance on how to get VLCs latency down (it seems as
though it is buffering the video too much)?

See
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2007-June/006903.html