[Live-devel] How can I do use-based authentication?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 16 22:01:49 PDT 2007

>I want to construct a video site. when some one needs to watch a
>video, he(she) must login through a web site, after that, he will
>get a list that each item links to a rtsp server, eg
>rtsp://123.45.67.89/test.mp3.
>
>My question:
>how can I deny a user who has not login yet to access this file? How
>does the rtsp server knows the client has login, maybe it runs on
>another machine rather on the web server?

For an illustration of how to add username,password authentication to
a RTSP server, see the code bracketed
	#ifdef ACCESS_CONTROL
	#endif
in "mediaServer/live555MediaServer.cpp" or
"testProgs/testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp".

The RTSP client will then prompt each user for a username and
password, before the stream can be played.