[Live-devel] rtsp with a/v synchronization

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 24 13:16:49 PDT 2007

>Yes, I created "RTCPInstance" for each of video and audio RTPSink(subclass).
>However, the first timestamp for video and audio is a little
>different since each of framesources of video and audio use
>gettimeofday() to get the time for the first time. In my situation,
>the videoRTP sink start first, so the timestamp for the first video
>frame is a little earlier than the timestamp of first audio frame.
>Will this affect sync?

Because you're using RTCP, the presentation times that come out of
the "RTPSource" object will (after a few seconds) be *exactly the
same* as those that that went into the "RTPSink" object.  Therefore,
if A/V sync is not working for you, it must be because the
presentation timestamps of the original audio and/or video stream
were incorrect.

This is a problem that you're going to have to figure out for yourself.