[Live-devel] Different client and server fps

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 27 14:06:22 PDT 2007

>Hi, I have a camera that streams video at 30 fps, but I need that my
>client (based on openRTSP) records video at 10 fps without changing
>the camera configuration.

"openRTSP" will record whatever it sees coming in over the net -
which in this case will be 30 fps video.  If you want to change the
frame rate of the video, you will need to reprocess it after it
arrives.  This will require knowledge of the video format, and is not
something that "openRTSP" (or the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code in
general) can do.  You will need to use new software to do this.