[Live-devel] Undefined reference to `DELAY_SECOND'

gian luca gb.bg.gb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:55:17 PDT 2007

Hi

I'm new to Linux programming and I'm trying to compile a very simple demo
program using RTSP capabilities provided by liveMedia; first step I've made
is to set up a project in my IDE, Kdevelop, running on a Debian Linux; I've
created my project using the template provided by Kdevelop ("Simple Hello
World program"), added reference to liveMedialid and necessary include,
executed "Automake & friends" and builded successfully; then I've tried to
use a basic class from the library (copy&paste from "playCommon.cpp").... my
simple source file looks like the following:

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include <config.h>
#endif

#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>

#include "BasicUsageEnvironment.hh"

using namespace std;

UsageEnvironment* env;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  cout << "Begin program ...." << endl;

  // Begin by setting up our usage environment:
  TaskScheduler* scheduler = BasicTaskScheduler::createNew();
  env = BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(*scheduler);

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

the problem is that when I try to build the project I get the following
error:

linking provalive2 (libtool)
linking provalive2 (g++)
provalive2.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/include/BasicUsageEnvironment/DelayQueue.hh:114: undefined reference to
`DELAY_SECOND'
/usr/include/BasicUsageEnvironment/DelayQueue.hh:114: undefined reference to
`operator*(short, DelayInterval const&)'
/usr/include/BasicUsageEnvironment/DelayQueue.hh:115: undefined reference to
`operator*(short, DelayInterval const&)'
/usr/include/BasicUsageEnvironment/DelayQueue.hh:116: undefined reference to
`operator*(short, DelayInterval const&)'
provalive2.o: In function `main':
/home/veris/Projects/provalive2/src/provalive2.cpp:40: undefined reference
to `BasicTaskScheduler::createNew()'
/home/veris/Projects/provalive2/src/provalive2.cpp:41: undefined reference
to `BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(TaskScheduler&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [provalive2] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2