[Live-devel] RTSP H263+ streaming oddities.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 6 11:11:19 PST 2007

>Actually, I'm quite sure it's H.263-1998 (I added the misleading
>extension). I downloaded the file with openRTSP from
>rtsp://rtsp.youtube.com/youtube/videos/57hSqLLfOv4/video.3gp (which i
>found on http://m.youtube.com/).

OK, that's good.  (However, you shouldn't really have renamed the
file to have a ".3gp" filename extension; that confused me :-)

It seems, then that there is likely a problem with our
"H263plusVideoStreamFramer" and (especially)
"H263plusVideoStreamParser" classes, which are the classes that parse
the raw H.263+ data from your file into individual frames, for
transmission.

Unfortunately, those classes were written by a 3rd party, and I
haven't had the chance yet to scrutinize the code in detail.

At some point, I hope to find the time to look at this code in more
detail.  Until then, if you find anything in that code that looks
like a problem, then please let us know.