[Live-devel] Video & Audio Properties at RTP Receivers

Ralf Globisch RGlobisch at csir.co.za
Fri Dec 7 02:49:32 PST 2007

Hi Oscar,
That would be nice, it's always great exchanging ideas with some one else. I'd would also be glad to share info or code.
I must just get my skills up to scratch since I just started looking at the live555 libraries and am still in the beginning stages. I'm fairly comfortable with DShow at the moment.

>This is not in the standard, and will be possible only if you use your
"custom" client and server. My goal is to have a universal (thus
Standard-compliant) implementation.

I figured as much and agree, it would be better to achieve a standard compliant implementation.
Just one question so I have a better idea about what you're doing and how we can help each other:
Are you catering exclusively for DShow or also other players?
Am I correct in assuming that your media player plugin is a custom DShow Source filter?

Regards,
Ralf