[Live-devel] question: possibility to extend the code to support 3g video streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 10 01:55:06 PST 2007

>  i was wondering is it possible to extend the source code posted in
>live555 to support 3G video streaming ?

We already support streaming all of the audio and video codecs (and
protocols) used by so-called '3G' clients.  (However, we don't yet
support streaming from pre-recorded MPEG-4-format files.)

>  the only hardware i have now is just a network camera, a router,
>modem and a PC.

Unless your "network camera" already encodes (compresses) the video
(and audio, if any), you will also need video/audio encoding hardware
(or software).

>my job is to create the server to stream live video to the mobile device.

You might find our "wis-streamer" server useful (it requires a
particular type of encoder hardware, however):
http://www.live555.com/wis-streamer/