[Live-devel] Mpeg Audio missing or corrupted in MPEG-2 Transport Stream or seperate sreams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 16 15:08:15 PST 2007

>I'm using wisremote as a channel changing script for wis-streamer so
>that I can record tv using MythTV's Freebox rtsp recorder. While I get
>the video just fine the audio appears to be missing.
>
>I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm that the following command
>should work.
>
>wis-streamer -i 2 -c ntsc-cable:57 -t ntsc -p 8554 -w 720 -h 480
>-mpeg2 -r 1500000 -mpegaudio 192 -mpegtransport 192 -D "Streaming
>COMEDYP"

If you use "-mpegtransport <audio-bitrate-in-kbps>", then that
specifies both the video codec (MPEG-2) and the audio codec (MPEG-2),
so you should *not* also use "-mpeg2" or "-mpegaudio".

>VLC reports that there is an audio stream in addition to the video,
>but I no matter how high I crank the volume I can't hear anything. If
>I don't use the mpegtransport option and use pcm for the audio instead
>of mpegaudio so that I have separate streams I can hear the audio just
>fine in VLC

What happens if you specify "-mpegaudio 192" and "-mpeg2" *instead*
of "-mpegtransport 192"?

What happens if you specify "-mpegaudio 192" *only* (and not "-mpeg2"
or "-mpegtransport 192")?