[Live-devel] Mpeg Audio missing or corrupted in MPEG-2 Transport Stream or seperate sreams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 16 16:09:41 PST 2007

>  > What happens if you specify "-mpegaudio 192" and "-mpeg2" *instead*
>>  of "-mpegtransport 192"?
>
>This produces no audio.
>
>>  What happens if you specify "-mpegaudio 192" *only* (and not "-mpeg2"
>>  or "-mpegtransport 192")?
>
>This produces no audio and but the video is the default mpeg4 with
>default rate.

That's odd.  It seems that the (software) MPEG audio encoder is not
working properly for you.  I don't know why that would be, though...

>next steps?

1/ Try streaming MPEG audio, but no video:
	-mpegaudio 192 -nv

2/ Try changing the audio output bitrate
	-mpegaudio 128

3/ Try changing the audio sampling frequency
	-f 44100 -mpegaudio 192

4/ Try combining 2/ and 3/
	-f 44100 -mpegaudio 128

Unfortunately I'm just grasping at straws at this point...