[Live-devel] Re: Questions on streaming live H263 videos

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Tue Dec 18 06:54:18 PST 2007

>I suggest defining a subclass of
>"H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession", and redefining the
>"createNewStreamSource()" virtual function to start your encoder(sic)
>thread, and then call the parent class
>("H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession")'s
>"createNewStreamSource()"

Uhm, I'm having an hard time subclassing "H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession".
I just added this code:

class EncH263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession: public H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession
{

private:

   FramedSource* createNewStreamSource(unsigned clientSessionId, unsigned& estBitrate);

};

FramedSource* EncH263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession::createNewStreamSource(unsigned clientSessionId, unsigned& estBitrate)
{
        std::cout << "Started a new Stream Source" << std::endl;

	/* Code to start the encoder thread */

        return H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession::createNewStreamSource(clientSessionId, estBitrate);
}

And i get these errors:

~/develop/lib/live-debug/liveMedia/include/H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession.hh: In member function ‘virtual FramedSource* EncH263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession::createNewStreamSource(unsigned int, unsigned int&)’:
~/develop/lib/live-debug/liveMedia/include/H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession.hh:42: error: ‘virtual FramedSource* H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession::createNewStreamSource(unsigned int, unsigned int&)’ is private
rtspServer.cpp:56: error: within this context
~/develop/lib/live-debug/liveMedia/include/H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession.hh: In destructor ‘virtual EncH263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession::~EncH263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession()’:
~/develop/lib/live-debug/liveMedia/include/H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession.hh:38: error: ‘H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession::~H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession()’ is private
rtspServer.cpp:44: error: within this context
rtspServer.cpp: At global scope:
rtspServer.cpp:114: note: synthesized method ‘virtual EncH263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession::~EncH263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession()’ first required here

Complaining that the destructor of H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession is private (and indeed it is).
If I try to override the destructor in my class, I get similar errors.

Where am I doing wrong? Can you point me to some sample code where it is done right?

Thanks,

Regards,

Cristiano Belloni.