[Live-devel] how to run rtp client and server in one process?

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Feb 1 08:45:30 PST 2007

hi,all,
     I can run rtp client and server respective. Now I want to make my
media bidirectional. But it seems difficult to make my codec chip under
control in different process. So, how to run rtp source and sink in one
process? Is it any test program?
     The "doEventLoop" is a block process, can I run source and sink with
one "doEventLoop"? Will they conflict each other?

You can run an RTSP client and RTSP server in the same application as long
as they are on separate threads and do not communicate with eachother
except through globals set in the library and they can use socket
connections (client makes a connection to server in same app).  If you use
only one thread and your client contacts your server you will have a
lockup.  There's a mention about this in the FAQ and also here
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2006-December/005537.html.  I
asked Ross about this awhile ago on the mail list, maybe you can find it in
the archives.

Xochitl