[Live-devel] synchronization problem with testOnDemandRTSPServer and data source

Victor Lee victor_l2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:57:22 PST 2007

Hi All,

When the testOnDemandRTSPServer reads a stream from a file, it knows the
time to read and the amount of data it needs.
Now I want to connect the server to encoder. The encoder creates the source
steam data in a fixed speed,
and this data is finally passed to the RTSP server.

When i am trying to implement this, i found there is a synchronization
problem.

I have the following questions and hope you can help me:
1. Is testOnDemandRTSPServer the right one i should use for my application?
If not, what should i use?
2. how can we control the speed in testOnDemandRTSPServer so that it is of
the same speed as the encoder's speed.
I found that the speed of the encoder (TransportStream, with a speed of
about 770k bytes/s) is faster than the process speed in
testOnDemandRTSPServer, whose speed is about 712k bytes/s .

But when i use VLC to receive the encoder's data, there is no
synchronization problem with the speed of the encoder and VLC.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Victor