[Live-devel] Multicasting

#TAY KOON HWEE# TAYK0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Feb 1 20:17:32 PST 2007

Hi guys,

I have done my streamer and currently testing it. I have some technical questions on multicasting.

I am using a wireless router (access point) connected to my pc. My streamer will run in the PC and send to the multicasting address. Then my pda or laptop which is also connected to the router wirelessly will receive the data from the multicast address.

My questions are:

1) My wireless router is also conenct to the Internet, can I access the multicast data from a remote location if i am connected to the Internet as well. Or is the multicasting restricted to within my access point network.

2) If I wish to multicast to remote network, isit possible?

Many thanks in advanced.

Zkunhui