[Live-devel] urgent need help

Rajesh Bikram R.C. rajeshbikram at wlink.com.np
Sun Feb 4 21:57:49 PST 2007

>> Why the CPU utilization of openRTSP program is high. I tested in mips
>> processor(400MHZ) it takes about 5-7% of CPU utilization. I need to
>> optimize the CPU utilization. I found out that even though there is no
>> data transmitted from the rtsp sever. The select() function in do event
>> loop doesn't go to sleep.Is the IO mulitiplexing is blocking or non
>> blocking mode?. How i can at least optimize the cpu performance coz i am
>> running many RTSP Client based on live555 library.
>>

> Only you can figure this out, because only you know the details of
> your system.  Also, Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.
>
> One point, however: On Windows (especially versions of Windows prior
> to XP), the "select()" routine sometimes performs badly.  if you're
> running Windows, and are encountering scaling/performance problems,
> then you may get better results by running Unix (including Linux)
> instead.

Dear ROSS,

Thanks for the reply . I am testing live555 library on montavista linux
2.6 with mips processor(400MHZ). Performance is degrading once multiple
RTSP client is running . I am transmitting MPEG-ES  from RTSP  server.I
am reading the code but don't know where to optimize the code to get
good performance.

with regards

Rajesh.