[Live-devel] Regarding Client Player with Live555

Nikhil Agrawal mrnikhilagrawal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 04:17:49 PST 2007

Hi Ross,

I am using Live555 as Media Streaming Server and looking for a client player
that is best suitable with Live555. Unfortunately , I am exploring client
players since long period and didn't found any player completely compatible
with Live555.

I tried VLC but its having much problems with PAUSE/PLAY feature.

I tried MPlayer, its also having seeking and multichannel (wav file )
problem

I tried Real Player , it also have multichannel and PAUSE/PLAY problems

I tried QuickTime , it works very correctly with PAUSE/PLAY, but didn't play
multichanel. Although I thought to use QT accepted  this problem but
suddenly found no support of MP3 stream playing in it , so again
disappointed.

I want client player to be embedded in WebPage.
Can you please tell me , the one player that is compatible with Live555 and
can satisfy all the above requirements , or please suggest me , what step I
can take in such situation. I will be thankful for your any suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil Agrawal

PS. Any Live555 user , if have any kind of solution regarding the same ,
please let me know. Thanks in advance.