[Live-devel] RFC 2250 Q

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Feb 10 02:14:44 PST 2007

>Does the Live555 Media server follow RFC 2250 to transport video?

Yes, but note that this RFC is only for MPEG-1 or 2 Video RTP
streams.  Transport of other kinds of stream - including MPEG-4,
H.263+ and H.264 - is defined using other RFCs (but we support those
also).

To implement RFC 2250, we use the "MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource/Sink"
classes (for Video Elementary Streams), the
"MPEG1or2AudioRTPSource/Sink" classes (for Audio Elementary Streams),
and the "SimpleRTPSource/Sink" classes (for Transport Streams).

Note also the numerous demo applications that use these classes.