[Live-devel] Not able to send 50 RTP packets / sec to the mobile

Rajat Dudeja rajat.dudeja at tcs.com
Wed Feb 14 01:23:55 PST 2007

Hi All,

I new to the live555 and and have some queries related to speed of RTP-AMR
payloads. My system is a WindowsXP and I'm working on .Net Environment.

I'm using the testAMRAudioStreamer test program to send the RTP packets to
a mobile phone( a Samsung mobile phone). My requirement is to send /
receive 50 packets to / from Mobile in 20ms .For this I'm using the FT=7
which in the code gives me a frame size of 31 frames. (per packet)

But I'm not getting the required results. Instead, just 2 or 3 packets are
send per sec
I havn't made much changes in the existing base libraries(i.e. >
livemedia, groupsock, basicUsageEnvironment or UsageEnvironment). and
Neither I'm required to ( I suppose as of now )

I see that the problem could be in the DelayQueueEntry, DelayQueue and
AlarmHandler. Am I right?

In these libraries:

1.First, I could not understand much of the functionality of the
DelayQueueEntry, DelayQueue and AlarmHandler.  Particularly, on what basis
the entries are added / removed from the DelayQueueEntry,(though on some
time basis, but not very sure)?

2. What is the role of the synchronize in the DelayQueue?
3. Please some one brief me on the description of these libraries.
4. So, is the problem (and its solution) to controlling the rate of RTP
tranmission really with these 3 libraries? Or is there any other thing
more to be looked into?

Please advice.
Thanks and regards,
Rajat