[Live-devel] Live 555 source code building on windows

Tim Stabrawa stabrawa at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 18 23:49:20 PST 2007

Vinod,

I saw similar file-not-found messages when I ran genWindowsMakefiles for
the first time.  I think what was happening in my case was the script
was essentially trying to run a make clean of the windows makefiles
before generating.  If that's the case, you should see them go away if
you run genWindowsMakefiles a second time.

If all else fails, I'd suggest getting rid of the spaces in your path to
the live source code.  My experiences with most scripts is they tend not
to like spaces, etc in directory/file names.  As for which tools
directory to use, I had luck generating with "TOOLS32=D:\Visual Studio
8\Common7\Tools" ... but I suspect, upon reviewing the .mak files that I
generated, that I probably should have given it "TOOLS32=D:\Visual
Studio 8\VC" instead.

I hope some of this ends up being useful  ...

- Tim