[Live-devel] RTSPClient::describeURL authentication problems

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Mon Feb 19 08:20:41 PST 2007

> Therefore, to solve your problem, would it be sufficient simply to remove the
>         authenticator == NULL &&
> from the "if" statement:
>         if (authenticator == NULL
>                 && parseRTSPURLUsernamePassword(url, username, password)) {
> so that it instead just says:
>         if (parseRTSPURLUsernamePassword(url, username, password)) {
> ???
>
> I.e., if the RTSP URL contains a "username:password@", then it would
> now supercede any (username,password) in the "authenticator".
>
> Let me know if this would work for you?

This alone would not work as then username and password from URL would
override one from the authenticator. Another problem (addressed in the
sent patch) is wrong error message about failure to handle response
when in fact the code perfectly handles non-authorized situation via
resubmitting the request later.

Plus there is the third issue: the library does not srip
username:password@ prefix from the URL and sends them in clear text
even with the digest authentication.

 Regards, Igor