[Live-devel] Questions of bitrate

ruru605 ruru605 at 163.com
Thu Feb 22 00:33:14 PST 2007

Hi, everyone
     I have questions about RTP bitrate.
     1.In OpenRTSP, we can calculate the QOS out which includes the bitrate. But I wonder can I reduce or increase the bitrate by controlling the server?
     2.In every ServerMediaSubSession there is a estBitrate. What does it work for? I do not quite understand.

     I have an idea about increasing RTP QOS (on demand) like this and please tell me whether it is feasible.
     The clients' situations vary a lot not only in software but also in the condition of bandwidth. So I wonder if we can tell the server the situation of each client including cpu utilization,bandwidth... then server can change the RTP bitrate to adapt each client.

     I am a student and this is only an idea and maybe it is ridiculous but please tell me the answers.

Thanks a lot.

ruru605
2007-02-22