[Live-devel] RTSP ANNOUNCE support?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 22 18:13:05 PST 2007

Oops, I spoke too soon.  I just remembered that we *do* implement the
RTSP "ANNOUNCE" command in our RTSP *client* implementation (but not
our RTSP server implementation), and that (as you noted) QuickTime
Broadcaster uses it.

Note, though, that QuickTime Broadcaster's use of the RTSP "ANNOUNCE"
command doesn't really follow the intent of the original RTSP
specification.  (Apple should have used "RECORD" instead, although
that command is also being deprecated.)

In any case, we don't implement "ANNOUNCE" (or "RECORD") in our RTSP
*server* implementation.