[Live-devel] Problem with FF and RW in MPEG2

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Feb 25 16:25:01 PST 2007

>I have a problem with FF and RW functionalities in my STB. Somebody
>can help me? I am to use serving software live555 and a Amino STB
>125.

What specifically is your problem?

1/ Does your STB successfully play streams (from the "LIVE555 Media
Server") in regular (i.e., 1x forward play - not FF or RW) mode?

2/ Have you created an index file for each of your Transport Stream
files, as described in
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html>?
Are the index files all larger than 0 bytes in size?

3/ How are you requesting FF and RW from your Amino STB?  Are you
using the >> and << buttons on its remote control - or are you using
some other method?