[Live-devel] Streaming LATM withouh live555 taskmanager as central point

c.drost at student.utwente.nl c.drost at student.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 26 00:13:33 PST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to build a LATM streaming application towards a Darwin server. The connection with Darwin is set up easily with the given code and the sdp file is generated correctly.

The problem is that my application has the audio encoder as a central point, which delivers frames to my own written 'deviceSource.cpp'. To fool the task handlers I handle the loop with a number so I does return control to my program instead of waiting for a new task. In this way I try to let the encoder control when a new frame is available and signal this to my own deviceSource.

When I am monitoring my traffic using live555 in this fashion, no RTP packets with latm frames are sent. I have no idea why this is... I used some debugging rules to check if doGetNextFrame() is being called when a frame is available and it does, does anyone have a clue what is the problem here and why my frames are not sent to the sink-point for sending to the Darwin server?

Regards,

Chiel Drost