[Live-devel] Enquiries on H.264 Framer

#TAY KOON HWEE# TAYK0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Wed Jan 3 11:35:40 PST 2007

Hi Ross,

>   fFrameSize = g_video_enc_rbuf->read(fTo,fMaxSize,0);
>//g_video_enc_rbuf is a ring buffer which contains the encoded video

> This will work only if the 'read()' function returns only a complete
> NAL unit - nothing more and nothing less.

for the below comment which u made, can I check with you further. I can set my encoder to produce one frame one slice (VCL NAL unit), and each NAL unit size is limited slightly less than the MTU for LAN. Therefore, my NAL unit will not be fragmented, as such can this statement work?

SInce one frame one slice (VCL NAL unit), therefore I can simply write a currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit() to always be true?

int currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()
{
return 1
}

Starting to get the hang of it. Just realised that the fPresentationTime will overwrite the time in SEI during decoding.

Many thanks for all the help in getting me started on H.264

Zkunhui