[Live-devel] ForceMulticastOnUnspecified

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 8 10:16:31 PST 2007

>How can I modify the RTSPServer class and related classes so that
>testOnDemandRTSPServer can accept transport parameters which force the
>stream to be multicast?

You can't do this; it's the server that decides whether or not a
stream is multicast or unicast.  It specifies this in its response to
the initial RTSP "DESCRIBE" command (and it's not something that the
client can change in its subsequent "SETUP" command).

If you want the client to chose between unicast and multicast, then
you could support this by adding two different "ServerMediaSession"
objects to your server: One that has "PassiveServerMediaSubsession"
object(s) for subsession(s), and one that has
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" (subclass) object(s) for
subsession(s).  These two "ServerMediaSession" objects would have
different names, and each client could choose either multicast or
unicast, depending on the name (which would be used at the end of the
"rtsp://" URL.)