[Live-devel] Seeking while streaming elementary mpeg-1 video ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 12 01:48:02 PST 2007

>I get the point that implementation of two functions
>"MPEG1or2VideoFileServerMediaSubsession" is needed. But the client
>software themselves do not show the seeking instrument

Because the server does not implement the "duration()" function (for
"MPEG1or2VideoFileServerMediaSubsession"), the stream's SDP
description - returned in response to the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command -
does not include an end time in the "a=range:" line.  Because of
this, the RTSP client player (quite correctly) concludes that the
stream is not seekable.