[Live-devel] Compilation failure on cygwin (live-2007.01.11.tar.gz)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 12 10:29:22 PST 2007

This appears to be a problem with the header files distributed
with/for Cygwin.  It does not make sense for
"IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP" to be defined in the header files without
"struct ip_mreq_source" also being defined in the header files -
because that struct is intended to be used with the
IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP ioctl().

For every other environment that I'm aware of, either
"IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP" and "struct ip_mreq_source" are both
defined in the header files, or neither of them are.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to use the C/C++ preprocessor to do
something like
	#ifndef struct ip_mreq_source
so I can't modify the distributed code so that it will compile for
both your Cygwin environment, and for every other environment out
there (unless there's a Cygwin-specific compile-time #define that I
can check?)

The right solution is to fix the Cygwin distribution so that its
header files define both "IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP" and "struct
ip_mreq_source" (or neither).