[Live-devel] Maximum number of client connections Live555 can handle ???

Ritesh Mittal ritsgenx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 23:58:16 PST 2007

Hi,

I tried to test live555 server on a dual processor machine. I streamed one
mpeg-1 file using VLC and real player as clients.
I tried to connect multiple clients (on different machines) to the same
server (requestion for streaming of an mpeg file). But when the
client count reaches 21 the LIVE555 server failed to response for the new
connections. The CPU usage of the server machine was nominal (8 to 10
percent) .

Is there any limitation in terms of maximum number of connections live555
can handle. Is there any technique to increase the number of client
connections that the server can handle ????

Thanks and Regards,
Ritesh Mittal