[Live-devel] Live555 Media Server and the AmiNet 124

Brian Gitonga Marete marete at edgenet.co.ke
Mon Jan 15 05:19:57 PST 2007

Hello all,

Using the latest live555 media server (live.2007.01.11.tar.gz) I have
been able to successfully server VOD from .ts files to the AmiNet 124.
With an index file for the .ts file, trick-play works fine -- up to a
point:
      * First, rewind and ff. cause the current frame to pause, after
        which there is no indication about where the rewind of ff. has
        reached. Therefore, one cannot search for a scene.
      * Don't know whether any of you has run into problems rewinding of
        forwarding a VoD an Amino box for a long time, have you? Mine
        seems to freeze if this is done for about 10sec straight or so.
Tried both "nCube" and "MediaBase" settings. Tried RTSP trick-play scale
factor of 1, 2, 3, 6 and many values in between.

I realize, of course, that this is probably nothing to do with the VoD
server, but would appreciate assistance nonetheless.

Thanks,

--
Brian Gitonga Marete
Software Developer