[Live-devel] trick play indexing on PowerPC

Daniel Robbins drobbins at fsmlabs.com
Mon Jan 15 15:47:05 PST 2007

Ross,

I have tested the new trick play functionality on an Intel PC, and it
works well. However, I've run into an issue on PowerPC, which is the key
one for us.

On PowerPC, testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay is generating zero-length
files.  I think there may be some kind of endian issue going on
somewhere with the new indexing functionality.

Question: should a .tsx file generated on a little-endian Intel PC be
identical to a .tsx file generated on a big-endian PowerPC? Using my
test.ts file, the test.tsx index is the same size on both architectures
but it contains different binary data.

Any ideas where to look?

Regards,

Daniel