[Live-devel] trick play indexing on PowerPC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 15 16:49:37 PST 2007

>The Intel PC-generated index, when copied over to the PowerPC, allowed
>testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay to function properly and generate a
>valid .ts output file containing a "fast forwarded" stream. So it looks
>like it is indeed some kind of issue with the index file generation.

Thanks for the update.  The 'index file' format is, indeed,
little-endian; however, the code that generates index files is
supposed to work correctly regardless of the endian-ness of the
computer that it's running on.  But apparently that's not working
properly.

Unfortunately I don't currently have a big-endian computer available
to test this on - so I'm going to need your help in tracking down
this problem.  Could you please do the following:
	1/ Generate an index file on an Intel PC
	2/ Generate an index file - from the *same* Transport Stream
source - on a PowerPC
	3/ Run "head -c 10000" on each file, to generate new files
(the first 10000 bytes of each index file)
	4/ Mail me these two (10000 byte) files, so I can compare
them, to (hopefully) figure out why the index file generation is
failing when done on a PowerPC.