[Live-devel] Live555 Media Server and the AmiNet 124

Brian Gitonga Marete marete at edgenet.co.ke
Tue Jan 16 01:12:48 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 06:17 -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> Please post the (publically accessible) URL of a Transport Stream
> that illustrates the problems that you are seeing, so that we can
> download it to investigate what might be going wrong.

Hello all,

Thanks Ross. I took your hint on the .ts files, and created a .ts file
from an MPEG program file using the testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream
test program. I then indexed the .ts file and served it on-demand to the
AmiNet 124 using your media server. Trick-play worked beautifully.

So I guess the problem was with the .ts files, as you suspected. They
contain copyrighted content, so I can't make them publicly available.
But I can tell you how I created them. I used vlc-0.8.6 to access the
main titles of DVDs, and used the "write to file" output, with the
encapsulation format set to MPEG-TS and with no transcoding. The MPEG-TS
options for VLC were unchanged from their defaults.

Thanks,

Brian.