[Live-devel] openRTSP changes: Capturing H.264 video streams into a file

Chris Kuiper (ckuiper) ckuiper at cisco.com
Tue Jan 16 13:23:22 PST 2007

Hi,

I am a developer at Cisco Systems and we have recently started using
openRTSP to capture video streams into files for quality testing. While
MPEG4 capture works well, H.264 captures didn't work as the tool wasn't
putting a start_code (0x00000001) between NAL units (NALUs) when writing
them to a file.

After discussing this with Ross Finlayson, I added a new class
'H264VideoFileSink' to the code that handles inserting of the start_code
before writing the frames to file. He suggested I share my code with
this group.

I attached a zip file with the new code and the touched files and diffs.
The later was manually created since I am not using version control for
this project (yet). The following files are provided:

* H264VideoFileSink.cpp/hh - Implements the new class
* playCommon.cpp - added code to use H264VideoFileSink for H.264 file
capture
* liveMedia.hh - added inclusion of 'H264VideoFileSink.hh'
* liveMedia/Makefile.tail - added inclusion of H264VideoFileSink class
* diff.txt - contains diffs for playCommon.cpp, liveMedia.hh, and
Makefile.tail

I am unclear if and how the changes can be added to the code base so it
will be available in future openRTSP releases. But if this is going to
happen, please keep me informed.

Thanks,

--
Chris Kuiper