[Live-devel] rtsp live stream not playing?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 16 15:24:27 PST 2007

>I then added the -q option and redirected the output to a file. I
>manually stopped (Control-C) openrstp after like 10 seconds.

You can't do that, because to properly complete writing a ".mov" (or
".mp4") file, the program needs to exit cleanly.

Instead, use the "-e <endTime>" option, or kill the application with
"kill -HUP".

>Here is the openRTSP log. I tried w/ and w/o passing the width and
>height in the command line.

If you don't pass the correct video width, height, and frame rate,
the resulting ".mov" file is unlikely to play correctly.