[Live-devel] [Fwd: Re: trick mode index files: x86 and ppc]

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 17 11:48:22 PST 2007

>Ross,
>
>This looks like an off-by-one error. I ran "cmp -lb x86-out.tsx
>ppc-out.tsx" and am attaching the output to this email. There are
>257 off-by-one differences between the x86 and ppc index files.

This is very odd - the 'off by one' errors all occur where the index
file references a particular (188 byte) 'packet' within the original
Transport Stream file.  At first glance, I don't see how this can
happen if the indexing code is run with identical original Transport
Stream files.

Are you *sure* that the original Transport Stream files - used to
generate the index files - are identical on your x86 and ppc
computers?