[Live-devel] Maximum number of client connections Live555 can handle ???

Ritesh Mittal ritsgenx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:49:00 PST 2007

Hi,

I have tested rigrously to find out the reason that why Live555 server stops
servering large number of clients.
The architecture of Live555 is like that in the class BasicTaskScheduler,
function
**
* void BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(unsigned maxDelayTime)*

 identifies the active socket and then serve the clinet connected to that
socket accordinly. I have observed that if there exist any delay in serving
any client the client stops playing the current stream and we need to
request to play the stream from start (at the client end).

This is also true when i debug the live555 server code. Since the control of
the server gets delay because of my break point, the client stops sending
any request to the server.

I would like to request Ross to test the performance of Live555 at your
labs. Because i guess when the large number of clients simultaneously
request for streaming the server can't respond with the desired frequency.

Regards,
Ritesh Mittal