[Live-devel] timekeeping in VLC

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Thu Jan 18 13:26:41 PST 2007

Hi Ross,

I was further investigating the problems VLC has with timekeeping on
mostly QTSS and DSS streams. As such I was reading Appendix B of the
RTSP spec. I'm quite sure we are doing some stuff wrong in VLC and I
will fix it. But in order to fix it, I need to retrieve the "sequence
number" of the RTP packet and match it against the sequence number
mentioned in the RTP-Info field. Is there an easy way to retrieve
that last value from liveMedia ? I couldn't find it in the sources,
and without that, I can't exactly know from which packet I need to
start counting the NPT clock again after play, pause, seek.

DJ