[Live-devel] How can i set the client to use RAW_UDP?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 23 17:27:29 PST 2007

>LiveMedia supports RTP_TCP, RTP_UDP and RAW_UDP, right? When using openRTSP,
>i know how to set the connection to choose either use RTP_TCP or RTP_UDP for
>the stream transport between RTSP server and client. But I did not see how
>to set it with RAW_UDP. Could you please tell me how to do this?

You can't do this (at least, not without modifying the code), because
(i) streaming over raw-UDP is non-standard, (ii) only a few RTSP
servers (like ours) support it, and (iii) it can only be used for
streaming MPEG Transport Stream data anyway.

If you really want to modify the RTSP client code to request this,
then you can figure it out by looking at the code; however, I won't
be giving you any help here.  Instead, you should use regular
RTP-over-UDP (or RTP-over-TCP) streaming, because that's the standard.