[Live-devel] About long time wait when server isn't available

Sean yunjnz at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 16:50:07 PST 2007

--- xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> However, I tried
> asking for a non-existent
> RTSP server from one of our file servers, and the
> wait is extremely long
> (on the order of a couple minutes) but it still
> returned.  This seems
> logical to me based on the man pages.

Actually, I also found that the wait is extremely
long,
and the connect will return after several minutes if
the server isn't available,
for example, if you plug out the RTSP server's network
connection,
and use the RTSPClient to connect the server,
this phenomenon will occur.

I'm trying to use a timeout for non-blocking connect
to the server,
but it seems the client can't connect to the server
even if the server is available.

Thank you.
Sean.