[Live-devel] Regarding 'Pause' in Live555

Nikhil Agrawal mrnikhilagrawal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 05:13:47 PST 2007

Hi Ross,

I tries PAUSE feature of Live555.

First I streamed a wav file. In between, I paused the stream , it stopped
successfully but when I played it , it was not playable properly, in VLC. It
plays a word then stops for a 2-3 sec , then plays a word then again stops
and so on... ( same problem when used RealPlayer but occured after 4-5 times
pausing , it went into endless buffering deadlock)

Next I tried to stream Audio+Video Prograam Stream ( .mpg file) , when I
paused the stream using VLC , it got paused successfully , and when I played
it , it continued without any problem . But second time when I paused and
played it , it shows only video and no vioce there after (in successive
pause and play).

I also looked into the code little bit and saw it was working corrrectly as
expected ( Pause + Play = Stop + Seek + Play).

Can you tell me where I am wrong.

Regards,
Nikhil Agrawal