[Live-devel] problem with streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 30 09:57:55 PST 2007

>I have encoded a movie with x264 and ateme encoder; vlc play it ok in
>local but in streaming from DSS the audio play and the video don't play
>or play badly.

What about QuickTime Player?  Does it play the stream properly?  If
it doesn't, then the problem is with whatever software you use to
generate and/or hint your file.

If QuickTime Player *does* play your stream properly, then the
problem is with VLC (most likely), or the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
library (less likely, assuming you're using the latest version of
VLC).  In this case, let us know the (publically accessible)
"rtsp://" URL of the stream, so we can test this for ourselves.