[Live-devel] RSTP Server Mods - opening files & transcoding

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jul 1 02:43:16 PDT 2007

>a) How can i stream file names with spaces in them? (e.g.
>rtsp://<ip>/i am a file.ts instead of rtsp://<ip>/file.ts)

This was a bug in our "RTSPServer" (and "RTSPClient") implementation.
I have just installed a new version (2007.07.01) of the "LIVE555
Streaming Media" software (and "live555MediaServer" binaries) that
fixes this problem.

>b) Is it possible stream file outside the working directory or
>create virtual paths?

Right now, the only way to do this is by creating symbolic links
inside the "mediaServer" directory.

>c) Ideally i'd like to be able to drag and drop files into a
>directory and transcode them on the fly to any format i set, in the
>same way it can be done with VLC manually. I know this has been
>covered before but could someone give me an overview how VLC's
>engine or something like FFMpeg could be integrated with the live
>RTSP server to achieve this so streams are served and transcoded
>on-demand?

Sorry, I can't help you with this one.