[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamRTPSource and testMPEG2TSreceiver: not quite right...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 5 17:52:42 PDT 2007

>Do you have a specific reason to not use openRTSP to receive
>transport streams?  testMPEG2TransportStreamer has an optional RTSP
>server in it.
>
>I think instead of making MPEG2TransportStreamRTPSource, you should
>set up the chain like this:
>
>SimpleRTPSource -> MPEG2TransportStreamFramer -> FileSink

Actually, you won't need to insert a "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer",
because its main purpose is to extract presentation times from the
transport stream, and you won't need those if you're just outputting
to a "FileSink".

You can create a "RTPSource" for receiving a MPEG Transport/RTP
stream by calling
	SimpleRTPSource::createNew(envir(), rtpGroupsock, 30,
                                                	90000, "video/MP2T", 0, False);