[Live-devel] Trick play problem ...

Massimo Zito zmax.linkedin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:33:47 PDT 2007

2007/7/6, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:

> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >I have a problem in trick play mode to play a TS resource by an RTSP
> >session ...
> >
> >I have modified openRTSP to send PLAY with scale = 2.0
>
> Are you using the latest version of the code (version 2007.07.01)?
> That version fixed a bug specifically related to scale == 2.0

Yes .... I'm using the latest version ...

>  and I have realized that timestamps are always the same value ....
> >
> >After a deep study I have realized that:
> >
> >When MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession receive a
> >setStreamScale, ClientTrickPlayState change framer source in
> >MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.
> >
> >Doing this, MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource has InputESSourceRecord
> >that calculate presentation time and remember it in
> >afterGettingFrame1 function ...
> >
> >I think that is correct to assign presentationTime to
> >fParent.fPresentationTime ( related to
> >MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource ) ...
> >
> >Doing this I can see correct timestamps ...
> >
> >Is this work correct ?
>
> Could you please submit your proposed change as a patch file (e.g.,
> generated with "diff -c"), so I can better understand what you are
> proposing?
> --

*** MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.cpp 2007-07-01 11:16:05.000000000 +0200
--- MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.cpp.new  2007-07-06 18:45:01.000000000+0200
***************
*** 251,256 ****
--- 251,258 ----

    fInputBufferBytesAvailable += frameSize;

+   fParent.fPresentationTime = presentationTime;
+
    // Now that we have new input data, check if we can deliver to the
client:
    fParent.awaitNewBuffer(NULL);
  }
what do you think about ?