[Live-devel] Getting Status

pjf at cape.com pjf at cape.com
Sun Jul 8 06:01:41 PDT 2007

Hi to all,

Im new to the list, and this may have been answered elsewhere, so I
aplogize if this is a repeat.

I have a streaming server, and some others that I look into (hosted
elsewhere).  I would like to grab the info that is generated from
openRTSP, eg DESCRIBE.  I don't really need the actual stream so something
like :
openRTSP -r rtsp://stream.name:9999/path/to/stream.rm
returns the SDP info that I'm interested in.  As you can see from the
example command above, some of the streams are of the 'Real' type, and
don't actually capture, but the info i'd like to capture does come across
the terminal ....

I'm not concerned with the content, just being able to capture/pipe the
output of the SDP description, so I can determine the streams
activity/status using a script (bash/perl) or grep out a specific line.

I suspect this would be a trivial change to the source, I'm just not a
great c programmer, and need some direction, and pointers ....

I think this would make a good tool, to be able to detect live streams,
and be able to add a 'live' indicator on a web page ...  This way the web
page could list a bunch of live streams that you're interested in, and
toggle an indicator if it actually is up and broadcasting ....

Thanks
-PeteF