[Live-devel] RTP Sequence number - alternating values

Christian Frahm frahm.c at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 11 02:16:01 PDT 2007

Hi to all,

I am trying to stream A / V which are stored in a series of PES packets.

I am using the VOBstreamer code as a start - just changed the source so that
it reads from my source.

Audio works fine - I am encountering a rather peculiar error with video. My
video RTP packets are being send with alternating Sequence Numbers. For
example:

RTP packet 1 Sequence number:54820
RTP packet 2 Sequence number:44758
RTP packet 3 Sequence number:54821
RTP packet 4 Sequence number:44759
RTP packet 5 Sequence number:54822
RTP packet 6 Sequence number:44760
RTP packet 7 Sequence number:54823

It is as if it sees two video streams when in fact there should only be one.

Can anyone tell me how the Sequence Number is calculated?