[Live-devel] RTCP and synchronization

Julian Lamberty julian.lamberty at mytum.de
Wed Jul 11 04:29:01 PDT 2007

> Because they're not useful to you.
>
> I'll say this yet again (and hopefully for the last time): Our
> RTP/RTCP implementation automatically computes synchronized
> presentation times using RTP timestamps and RTCP reports.  Code that
> receives a RTP stream (using our library) should never have to look
> at RTP timestamps.  Instead, just use the presentation time.  If you
> are also using RTCP (which you should be), then the presentaton time
> *will* be properly synchronized.

And if the receiver does NOT use Live555?

> Just make sure that frames of the transcoded stream get correct
> presentation times (and that you create a new "RTCPInstance" object
> for the new outgoing stream).

OK, I do use an RTCPInstance.
What does "correct" in this context mean? I record the first incoming
presentationTime for the first outgoing frame and add a constant value
(correspoding to one frame duration) to it for every following frame. Is
that "corrrect"?