[Live-devel] Live555 Media Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 13 00:22:37 PDT 2007

>I am trying to send live audio from a microphone through Media Server to my
>client. Any ideas?

Jimmy,

There are future plans to upgrade the LIVE555 Media Server to support
live input streams.  Until that time, however, I recommend that you
instead use our "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application (from the
"testProgs" directory) as a model.

Please see the FAQ <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html> for
tips on how to stream from a live input source.

If your microphone generates PCM audio, and you are planning to
stream this as is, then you'll likely need to implement your own
"ServerMediaSubsession" subclass, similar to the existing
"WAVAudioFileServerMediaSubsession".