[Live-devel] RTSP Authentication

Ramon Martin de Pozuelo Genis tl11305 at salle.url.edu
Wed Jul 18 03:48:20 PDT 2007

Hi,
I use UserAuthentication option in RTSP making use of
UserAuthenticationDatabase and QuickTime as client. First time client wants to
connect to a streaming session QuickTime asks for user and password to
complete authentication with server. But if client closes it and then tries to
reconnect, it directly connects without asking again for authentication.

Is it a normal procedure or is it a bug?

Is it possibly caused because it remains on database memory? or maybe
Quicktime saves last uer and password used?

If I want that it always reclaims user and pasword access could I change
something on RTSPServer or UserAuthenticationDatabase classes to get this?

Thanks in advance,

Ramon